What’s your number one priority in life?
Let’s say you are at the best event ever, (whatever that may be for you,) BUT you are sick and do not feel well at all. Is this ‘best-event-ever’ still as much fun? No, probably not.
Is this website for you?
We help people create a healthy life so that they have the energy to live their best life and make a difference in the world.
- Health is more than just the absence of disease.
- If you care for your body and mind, you can avoid lots of unnecessary suffering.
We know life gets in the way of you taking care of yourself, and we want to help support you to do the right things, every day.
We want to offer you support for common issues like:
- Anxiety & Depression
- Immune Support
- Pain & Injury Recovery
- Colds & Flu
- Woman’s Health
- Weight Loss
- Memory Enhancement
In addition to helping you prevent the 5 most common chronic diseases like:
- Heart disease
Who We Are
First and foremost, we are humans with bodies that are full of aches, pains, sickness, injuries, rashes – you name it! (And I’m a big baby – I don’t like to suffer!) Just like everyone, we are afraid of getting sick and afraid of getting old.
We are a husband and wife team who have spent years, (and lots of money on tuition,) to learn about health and how to stay healthy naturally.
And we have had our fair share of problems!
In addition to 10 years of running our own family medical practice, we have the experience of our own bodies, plus the research we do for all our friends and family.
I, Dina, have personally had:
- Chicken Pox
- Leg sliced open down to the bone (biking accident)
- Allergies (to animals and food)
- Torn knee meniscus (running fall)
- Urinary tract infections
- Recurring yeast infections (ah the joys of womanhood!)
- Malaria (while on a tiny island in the middle of the Indian Ocean)
- Frozen shoulder (after taking a pole dancing class)
- Broke 5 bones and 2 teeth (when a drunk driver hit us head-on)
- Anxiety (all my life)
- Stress to the point of a nervous breakdown
- Broken toes (I seem to like to kick heavy, stationary objects)
- Dysmenorrhea / Endometriosis (and surgery for that)
- Sinus infections (why are these so painful?)
- Ear infections
- Torn Achilles tendons
- Lower back injuries (lifting a 400 lb person while I was an EMT)
- High Cholesterol
- Breast Lump aspirations (now I have titanium barb marker in my right one)
… just to name a few and my husband has had his share of fun stuff as well.
Conventional versus Natural
That is not to say that we are against conventional medical practices, like prescription medications and surgery. There are certainly lots of times when conventional medicine is the best way to go. But oftentimes, natural alternatives are also helpful and in some cases more effective.
So we want to offer you some possible solutions that you may not have thought of for common health problems, and, more importantly, help you create a lifestyle that promotes good health for years to come!
Who we are not
We are not your doctor. Everyone needs a doctor, and we believe you actually need several. We each have several doctors ourselves, both conventional and naturopathic, and we see them regularly.
We believe in the power of knowledge and that the more you know the better you can manage your health. So we take advantage of the best of both worlds – conventional and natural to bring you the best options for self-care.
When I met Mitch, he was an engineer, helping factories reduce their use of toxic chemicals. At that point, I knew a LOT more about health than he did. I had my BA in Community Health and Master’s degree in Public Health and had worked years, first as an EMT and then as a medical assistant for 3 MDs, then I ran a Dermatology office.
But then Mitch had an epiphany and wanted to become a Naturopathic Doctor, so after one year of pre-med, four years of medical school, plus residencies, he far surpassed my knowledge!
Here’s a bit about our backgrounds…
Mitch Kennedy, ND
Dr. Mitch Kennedy is a nationally board-certified naturopathic physician and was a licensed primary care doctor in private practice in Connecticut for 10 years. He was the first naturopathic physician credentialed to practice at the University of Connecticut Health Center, (UCHC), the largest hospital in Connecticut. At UCHC he practiced in the Center for Women’s Health, the Reproductive Fertility Department, and the Cancer Treatment Center. He also served as a clinical instructor to the School of Medicine.
Before becoming a doctor, Mitch received a bachelor’s degree from Tufts University, majoring in both Civil Engineering and Geology, and ran his own environmental consulting firm for 15 years.
He attained the certified Energy Manager status through the Association of Energy Engineers. Dr. Kennedy is also a LEED-certified “Green Building” consultant, helping people to build and remodel homes, offices, and factories in a non-toxic, and energy-efficient way.
Mitch earned an international reputation as a leader in pollution prevention, showing industries around the world how reducing toxic chemical use saves money and the planet.
His textbook on financial analysis of environmental projects, published by John Wily & Sons, is considered the authoritative text proving that doing the right thing for the earth is profitable for the corporation.
He was among a select group of the first 1,000 people from across the United States trained by Al Gore to teach people about global warming and what we can all do to help.
Residency Clinical Experience:
- Pre / Post-Op Naturopathic Care, Cardiac Surgery Unit, Arizona Heart Hospital, Phoenix, AZ
- Cardiology, Private Practice, Dekker Weiss, NMD, Scottsdale, AZ
- Pain Management, Valley Lutheran Pain Clinic, Klee Bethel, MD, Mesa, AZ
- Pulmonology, Private Practice, Franklin Preiser, MD, Tempe, AZ
- Family Medicine, Private Practice, Shiva Barton, ND, Cambridge, MA
- Family Medicine, D’Adamo Naturopathic Clinic, Peter D’Adamo, ND, Stamford, CT
- Primary Care, Southwest Naturopathic Medical Center, Scottsdale, AZ
Born and raised in rural Connecticut, Mitch is an avid researcher and a “people person”. He and his wife, Dina Pelletier, M.P.H. were Connecticut certified Foster Parents. Mitch enjoys being in the outdoors, hiking and biking and has a passion for trains.
Dina Pelletier, MPH, NCHES
Dina received her bachelor’s degree in Community Health Education. Studies included conducting rural nutrition research in Kenya and designing and presenting nutrition seminars in Guatemala. Her senior thesis research focused on the Primary Health Care System in Jamaica.
During college, she worked 2nd and 3rd shift as an Emergency Medical Technician in Hartford, a Medical Assistant, for 3 Internal medical doctors, and managed a dermatologist office.
After undergrad, Dina worked as a Community Organizer for Hartford Areas Rally Together, Dina managed three community groups with memberships of over 10,000, motivating and training community leaders to control their media message; facilitate conflict resolution; and negotiate agreements with the city, state, and developers.
Dina received her Master’s degree in International Environmental Public Health from Tulane University in New Orleans. While there, she administered a UNICEF child survival education project by supervising a team of ten health care professionals; developed a Kellogg Foundation grant; published an international newsletter; and volunteered as an Aids Test Results Counselor and speaker with NO/AIDS Task Force.
After graduating, Dina won a NATO Fellowship from the Committee on Challenges to Modern Society. She analyzed governmental policies for environmental planning and management in Katmandu, Nepal, then presented her findings at an international NATO conference in Rome, Italy.
Upon returning to CT, Dina helped her husband build a successful medical practice, wearing both the Business Manager hat as well as the Patient Care Director hat for 10 years.
- Nationally Certified Health Education Specialist
- Nationally Certified Massage Therapist
- Certified Emergency Medical Technician
- American Heart Association CPR Instructor
- American Red Cross First Aid Instructor
- Counselor & Speaker NO/AIDS Task Force
- Empowerment Workshop Facilitator
It’s Dina’s joy to empower people to achieve beyond their wildest dreams, which of course all starts with good health! She is an entrepreneur and owner of several small businesses. Passionate about humanity’s ability to solve our own problems, she believes that we each have a role to play. Whether as a Meetup Organizer, a Yoga Instructor, or inviting people out onto the dance floor, she likes to bring people together, and is always open to trying new things. A lover of our planet, Dina is always looking for ways to give back to and protect the Earth.
What charities do we support?
We love the planet, so we support the following environmental charities, by giving money annually:
(All charities must be in good standing with a score of “B” or higher, as judged by www.charitywatch.com)
Environmental Defense Fund
Preserve the natural systems on which all life depends.
Stop fossil fuels – Build 100% renewables.
Lawyers for the Environment.
Center for Biological Diversity
Preserving all the planet’s species.
Protecting public health and the environment to lead the transition to a world free of toxic pesticides.
Works to ensure that everyone around the world who wants to delay or end childbearing has access to the health services and contraceptive supplies they need.
How this site makes money
We want HealwithNature.com to remain a stable, reliable resource that you can count on for years to come.
For that reason, we try to diversify our income streams to support site function, reliability, security, and ease of use.
Right now HealwithNature.com is supported by:
- Affiliate Commissions – Recommendations to products and services we use and love, at no additional cost to you!
- Private, One-on-one Health Coaching – To assist you to feel better and achieve your health goals.
We are currently working on these additional sources of revenue:
- Tangible product sales – Signature wear
- Digital product sales – E-books, How-To Guides, Online Classes
- Online Mastermind Group
We hope in the future to offer:
- Display Advertisements
- Paid Article Advertisements – Offer advertisers a longer format, which can give our technical and experience-wise members the more in-depth information they are looking for.
What we do NOT do:
- Sell or rent names to third parties looking to promote their products or services
- Pay Per Click Advertising / Google Ads
If you have any questions, comments, concerns or suggestions about how we can support and grow this community, would you please Contact us?
How to find what you need
Looking for something specific? Every page of the website has a magnifying glass icon in the top-right corner, where you can search for anything you need.
Can’t find what you need? Please Contact Us. We want to help you with your journey.
FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/HealwithNaturecom-2081504345280214/
To access all our Policies, would you please click here?