To find a doctor in your local area, we recommend searching these resources below:
1) The National Association of Environmental Medicine is an organization for doctors who specialize in cumulative toxic load, meaning, low-level exposure to toxic substances that over time, may compromise health. These doctors explore the link between the environment and the documented rise in chronic illnesses like cancer, metabolic, neurological, and endocrine disorders. To find a provider please visit: https://envmedicine.com/find-a-provider/
2) Naturopathic Doctors (NDs) are educated in accredited, 4-year naturopathic medical colleges in both natural and conventional medicine. Rather than just suppressing symptoms, naturopathic doctors work to identify underlying causes of illness. NDs prevent, diagnose and treat acute and chronic illnesses to restore optimal health by supporting the person’s own self-healing processes.
Naturopathic doctors are some of the best-trained professionals in the use of detox methods and practice medicine with a philosophy of holism. This philosophy of the “Healing Power of Nature” actually contains detox as a cornerstone of health. No other health professionals can lay claim to a deep connection to nature and detox as a guiding principle.
The American Association of Naturopathic Physicians has a searchable directory of doctors on its website. https://naturopathic.org/search/ Under the “Advanced Search” tab, check the box “Licensed Naturopathic Physician”, then scroll down to “Practice Focus” and choose “Environmental Medicine” from the dropdown menu. Under the map, you will see doctors listed. You can use the map to visually see which are closest to you and many offer telemedicine.
To read more about what a Naturopathic Doctor is, please see: https://healwithnature.com/what-is-a-naturopathic-doctor
3) Another great place to look for help would be the American Academy of Environmental Medicine (AAEM). The AAEM is an international organization representing health care practitioners who specialize in Environmental Medicine. https://www.aaemonline.org/find-a-practitioner/
4) The American College for the Advancement of Medicine (ACAM) has a specialty group devoted to the practice of detoxification therapies. To find these, please go to https://www.acam.org/search/custom.asp?id=1758 Then, from the Specialities dropdown menu, select “Detoxification” or “Chelation Therapy.”
5) The Institute of Functional Medicine has a ‘Find A Practitioner’ tool, where, if you click on the ‘Advanced Search Options’ link (in green below the ‘city’ box), you can select the Specialty: “Naturopathic Medicine” or the Condition: “Mercury and Heavy Metal Toxicity”. Below that, they also have an option for Completed Coursework: “Environmental Health (formerly Detox) Advanced Practice Module.” https://www.ifm.org/find-a-practitioner/